Friday, May 24, 2013

The weekend is here!!!


I love weekends. 
Really.
No -  I REALLY,  REALLY LOVE weekends!!

and better than just a weekend is a three day weekend. 

I love my job too, but I do work hard all week - burning brain cells.  And I need my weekends to rest and recover.  By the time Friday comes, my fingers are tired, my brain is tired, my eyes ache ... sometimes I think my hair even aches!! 

I was recounting working this morning on the phone with Mom.  I have been working full time summers in between full time college and so on since 1975.  My mom thinks going to college is not equivalent to working full time.  Hmmm - I don't agree.  In fact, if I had to go back to college full time I think it would be harder than working.   What do you think?

This weekend all of our pollen is out in full force - so I may be hibernating at home.  But I have lots of inside projects to work on, or I could get back to my quilt in progress (one of many in progress) or my new V stitch ripple crochet throw in progress or any other crafty thing I can think up as long as I don't have to go shop for it!! 

I just need to get home and hang my big flag on the front of the house and I will be ready for Memorial Day!! 

See you all next week with some pictures of finished projects I hope!!  Here's a quilt I made a few years ago and we raffled off to support our hospitalized veterans!   

Please buy a poppy this weekend to help those who have sacrificed for our freedom.


No comments: